Here's what to say in your Mother's Day card
Mother’s Day is a special day, and the most popular gift you can give your Mum is a card.
A card that has your words, expressing your love and gratitude.
There are many beautiful Mother’s Day cards to choose from to match her style and personality. But the hardest part for many is trying to work out what loving words to put on the card.
A great starting point is to think of specific ways your Mum has made your life better and recognise all the ways she’s a fantastic person.
If the relationship with your Mum is a bit complicated or strained, focus on what’s positive in the relationship.
If your Mum is having a tough time in her life due to illness or something else, first acknowledge the situation, affirm that she’s doing a great job at parenting, and offer to help in a specific way that feels comfortable to you.
The Mum’s in our lives deserve our thanks, our support, and most of all, our love. Below are some Mother’s Day messages to help inspire you to write the card only you can write.
Mothers Day message
- “I’m thinking of you with lots of love today, as I do every day.”
- “I’m so proud to be your [son/daughter].”
- “Thanks, Mum for being there every day with just the love I needed.”
- “For all you do and all you are, I love you…”
- “Raising me took a lot of patience. Thanks for hanging in there with me.”
- “To Mum, with love, from your favourite :)”
- “Mum, I was lucky enough to inherit your sense of humour. I keep hoping I’ll get your lie-detector capabilities, too!”
- “With love from the luckiest [son/daughter] in the world.”
- “Sorry if I drove you crazy sometimes. I only did it because I love you!”
- “Thanks for making home the happiest place to be.”
- “Thinking of you on Mother’s Day and hoping you have a great day.”
- “Happy Mother’s Day, Mum. Every day, I thank heaven you’re mine!”
- “Happy Mother’s Day, Mum with all my love.”
Happy Mother's Day! xxoo