What to write in an Easter Card
Easter is filled with joy and celebrations. It’s the perfect opportunity to reach out to family and friends and tell them how much you appreciate them.
Putting pen to paper and sharing a heartfelt message reflecting your feelings is not always easy.
The simplest way is to choose a card that already says it all! Our team of writers have done it for you and wordsmithed messages written from the heart.
If you want to write something yourself, we’ve got lots of ideas to get you started and then you can add your own special touch.
Happy Easter message
Keep it simple with a ‘Happy Easter’
- Happy, hoppy Easter to you!
- Hoping your Easter is extra bright and happy this year.
- Wishing you sunshine, good times and a very happy Easter!
- Happy Easter to the whole family! I hope it’s a fun one for all of you.
- Thinking of you at Easter and sending sunny wishes your way…
- Wishing you a happy, heart-warming Easter time.
Easter is the perfect time to reach out and be grateful for friends and family in your life.
- Feeling so grateful for Easter and you.
- Thank you for being a blessing in my life at Easter and all year through.
- This time of year always gets me thinking of you and how lucky I am to call you my friend. I appreciate you.
- Easter just felt like a good time to remind you how thankful I am for each of you!
- Sending bright Easter wishes, with love and gratitude.
- Thanks for being a ray of sunshine at Easter and always!
Easter is traditionally a time of new life and hope and celebrating the possibilities the future brings.
- After the year we’ve had, I hope you’re feeling as glad as I am to say hello to Easter.
- Thinking of you at Easter and hoping it’s putting an extra spring in your step!
- Happy Easter! I hope it’s every bit as beautiful where you are as it is in my neighborhood.
- Here’s to new life unfolding all around us and new joy in our hearts. Happy Easter.
- In the autumn leaves falling, in the frosty morning walks…I hope you see something to smile about everywhere you look this Easter.
- May hope and happiness fill your home at Easter.
Holidays and celebrations are when we miss each other most. If the distance between you is far and you don’t get to be together often Easter cards can be a special memory.
- Happy Easter from across the miles! I hope our bunny trails connect soon.
- Missing you at Easter but holding you close in my thoughts.
- I wish we could be together for Easter, but I’ll be thinking of you…and eating enough chocolate for both of us!
- Remembering so many happy Easters we’ve shared and looking forward to catching up when we see each other next
- I’ll miss seeing you at Easter, but it makes me happy knowing you’re where you need to be right now.
- Thinking of you at Easter and sending lots of love from afar!
Easter is always filled with fun family memories. Remember all the fun activities like the Easter bunny, getting up early for Easter egg hunts, decorating eggs or making Easter bonnets.
- At Easter and always, so grateful for all we share as family.
- Mum, you’re there at the heart of all my best Easter memories. Thank you for always making it such a fun and colorful time.
- Remembering all those years of matching Easter dresses, egg hunts and chocolate swaps…and thinking of how good it still is having you for my sister.
- Celebrating the joy of Easter and the lifelong blessing of having parents like you.
- Warmer, brighter, happier, LOUDER—that’s how Easter (and every day) has been with a son like you!
- Grandma, I just can’t think of Easter without thinking of your dinners, your hugs…every wonderful way you’ve shared your love. I love you, too.
For the kids
Add some egg-stra fun with messages for kids.
- Have an ‘egg-stra’ Happy Easter! Hope it brings you smiles by the dozen!
- Sending big Easter hugs to one of the coolest chicks I know!
- Hope your Easter is sweeter than jelly beans!
- Happy Easter to some-bunny who’s loved a-bunch!
- Wishing you a big basket full of happy on Easter!
- You may outgrow egg hunts and chocolate bunnies, but you’ll never outgrow all the love we have for you! (On second thought, you probably won’t outgrow the chocolate bunnies either!)
For many Easter is about the miracle of life. Share your prayers or a quote from the bible.
- Happy Easter and God bless.
- Celebrating the miracle of Easter, the beauty of God’s creation and the blessing of having you in my life.”
- In this season of rebirth, may you feel your faith renewed and your heart made new with the hope Easter brings.”
- Happy Resurrection Day to a wonderful family!”
- Praying your Easter will be bright with the hope and joy of our risen Savior.”
- He is risen! Hoping your Easter is happy and blessed.”
- Whatever lifts your spirits, brings you hope and fills you with the miracle of Easter—that’s what I’m wishing for you.”
- Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the Resurrection of Jesus Christ…’ —1: Peter 1: 3 (NIV)
- Just wanted to share these words of joy and wish you blessings at Easter!
And don’t forget to end it with lots of love.